Monday, March 14, 2011

Eco Art




















Back in my art school days we didn't discuss art as a sustainable practice.  I can’t remember much in the way of artists who used recycled materials as their medium although I’m sure they existed. However, today the eco art movement is thriving. One person's trash is an eco-artist's treasure.  These days artists create with anything from old coat hangers to bottlecaps.

If you want to try your hand at closing the loop the artist's way,  check your local reuse center for classes and workshops. Here's some inspiration.

Merry Blues Art 
reduce. reuse.recycle.restore.rethink. 



All items from this Etsy shop are eco-friendly and handmade by Ana from recycled and reused materials. All paper goods are printed on 100% banana paper made from agricultural waste-tree free! 


recipesreuse


















I regularly concoct my own household solutions, so I love this "recipe book" of over 20 DIY recipes of non-toxic household cleaners. It's very handy for someone like myself who is organizationally challenged at times.  And what a great gift idea. 



Anna Garforth

These wall planters are just cool.  Not only would they be a wonderful conversation piece  (made from recycled milk cartons) they look amazing. You can find more of these and other eco-wonders  at Anna's website.  She has been featured in numerous design and lifestyle magazines for her wonderful environmental art. I love the subtle activism in her work, as well as the fact that much of her art is living and growing. Check out her innovative moss art.






















Magnetic

I love magnets, I do.  I'm not a collector and don't own multiples of much but I do have a magnet collection.  These are just fun and unique.





bottlecappins

Photos in the bottle caps are designed by Cory Lundquist

No comments:

Post a Comment