Tuesday, April 12, 2011

How to Save a Tire from Entering the Landfill














This past weekend I went to the San Francisco Green Festival.  It was a wonderful sunny day in downtown San Francisco. I rode my bike down 8th Street, which has a nice wide bike lane (good thing since I don't have a helmet).  At the festival, a vallet parked my bike and gave me a coupon for $5 off admission.
 

I arrived with dangerously low blood sugar, so I immediately headed to the food pavilion.  I had a yummy quinoa burger from Lydia's Lovin' Foods.  At $8 it wasn't the most economical choice, but despite the airplane-sized proportions, it did keep me full for quite a while (although I did indulge on beer battered garlic fries later).
 

For the rest of the afternoon we sampled healthy living foods galore!  Green drinks with barley and acai, deyhydrated kale, coconut butter, dark chocolate, hemp seeds, sulfite free organic wines.  Of course once my friends and I found the beer/wine pavilion we didn't see much else - but we made some new friends and I am now a big fan of Frey Vineyards.

But I made a difference when I purchased the most comfortable flip-flops I've ever worn from Indosoles.

Cute, comfy and the soles are made from recycled motorbike tires from Indonesia.
  My friend also bought a pair and between the two of us we have prevented one tire from entering a landfill! Way to go us!





No comments:

Post a Comment